Carpathian Tourist Road
CARPATHIAN Tourist Road, Reference number: HUSKROUA/0901/068
This project has been applied for the Call for proposals in the framework of Hungary-Slovakia-Romania-Ukraine ENPI CBC Programme 2007-2013, Priority 1: Promote economic and social development, Measure 1.1 Harmonised development of tourism..
Locations of the Project are: Ukraine, Zakarpatska oblast, and Slovakia, Kosice and Presov Regions.
Full legal name of the Applicant is Agency for the support of Regional Development Kosice.
Total duration of the Project is 24 months – 2011-2012
Project Partners are:
Agency of Regional Development and Cross Border Co-operation “Transcarpathia”
Public organization “Regional Tourist Initiatives Foundation “Toureurocenter”
FORZA. Agency for sustainable development of the Carpathian Region
Total eligible cost of the Project are EUR 533 530.
Overall Objective: Increase and improve the level of cross-border tourism development in Carpathian region.
1 Develop local and cross border tourism products and services
2 Increase the level of cross-border tourism promotion
3 Improve the enabling operation of the Schengen Border crossing
Final beneficiaries are inhabitants of the two regions, particularly those aiming to provide innovative services and products; domestic and foreign tourists – visitors.
- 100 local mayors and councillors of rural settlements in project target area (Zakarpatska oblast and Kosice Regions)
- 100 Local and regional entrepreneurs acting in catering and accommodation or leisure time services and initiatives
- 6 Local and regional development agencies and entrepreneurship supporting bodies
- 6 Tourist information centre personal
- 4 Regional Authorities of Zakarpatska oblast, Kosice and Presov, (stakeholders in Hungary and Romania through dissemination workshops)
- 30 Independent farmers interested in rural tourism initiatives
- Increased quantity and quality of tourism products and services
- Improved efficiency of the performance of institutions operating in the routes
- Increased number of integrated promotional actions organized by local
Stakeholders and tourist service providers
- Increased and more efficient use of information technologies
- Increased interest of the actors in promotion of cross-border tourism
- Improved quality of information for tourists and visitors
- Improved level of cross-border co-operation of entrepreneurs and mayors
WP 1 Training of the stakeholders
WP2. Cross border products development through communication and networking
WP 3 Information dissemination and product marketing
WP 4 Overall project management